Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2015

Zolder & Diegem

Zolder World-Cup. Foto: Vic Geerlings.
As the year before I am going to write the Blog posts about my international racing until the end of January in English. To start with: I could technically just copy paste last years coverage on Zolder and Diegem since what went on this year was basically a re-run of the events - just in about 20 degrees outside temperature more. Arriving on Friday (Christmas Day) in Zolder, we found a dust-dry course that was faster and even a bit longer than last season. I like it, but after another deceiving race there on Saturday I might finally have to admit that although coming from XCO I just plain suck in dry conditions in Cross. I missed my start, made many many small mistakes and also didn't have the legs. That's what gets you not in the Top 50 and you go home without any points. Bummer.

Going deep with Marion on the climb. Foto: Davy De Blieck.
Yet again, Diegem went pretty well at least for my expectations. Again did I get pulled, but that's something that just happens when racing against the best of the best. On a very cross specific course that even had muddy sections (yes! finally!)  I felt much more at ease. Then again it's actually impossible to not have fun when racing in front of a crowd of 25 000 people. Being in a group with Robert Marion and Lorenzo Samparisi for most of the race we got some extra cheering for what the Belgies think is Robert's Santa-like looks and Lorenzo's jumping skills. I rode the fastest of us three that day, so at least I felt like I'm also good at something... ;-) Now it's time to recover for the upcoming week-end of racing in Meilen/Switzerland on Saturday and the Deutschland-Cup finale on Sunday in Queidersbach. Stay tuned.

Result Zolder

Result Diegem

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen